Home Remedies for Migraines
Migraines is a neuro biological disorder involving both neurological and vascular changes in the brain. During an attack,a throbbing headache often in one side of the head, debilitating and painful problem. These are often associated with vomiting,nausea and are severe enough to interfere with sleep work and other activities. There may be many reasons for causes of migraines. The reason may have to do with a woman’s menstrual cycle, but triggers can also include alcohol, weather changes, stress, food and lack of sleep etc. A lot of people across the world , mostly Americans suffer from chronic migraines. Migraines are severe blowing headaches on one side of the head. These headaches can be treated without migraine medications in majority of the cases by following simple home remedies for migraines .
Let us see some home remedies for migraines to lessen the pain or you may have a permanent solution to the migraine headaches. Home remedies for migraine headaches you can try at home to get migraine relief are listed below:
- Dehydration is one of the main cause of headaches. So have plenty of water , try this at your home first to relieve your migraines pain. Staying hydrated is also a good way to prevent headaches so it is a good home remedy which cures many health problems.
- Limit intake to 200 mg of caffeine a day. It is a best home remedies for migraines headaches pain relief. So have a cup of coffee everyday.
- A simple home remedy for migraine pain relief is that apply peppermint oil on your forehead ,back of the neck . You may get relieve from migraine headaches.
- A home remedy for migraine is take a nap i.e , a simple power nap is enough to reboot your headache. But don’t oversleep too. This is the best natural remedies for migraines.
- A home remedy to relieve headache is eating a balanced meal. Don’t go longer than 3 hours without food and don’t skip meals.
- Eat at about the same time every day and make it a habit. It is a good home remedy to avoid the migraine pain .
- Avoid alcohol that gives you a headache within 8 hours of consumption. The hang over may lead to Migraines. This can be best remedy to Migraines relief from pain.
- A simple home remedy to relieve migraine is spend 30 minutes to walking, cycling, swimming or doing some other form of aerobic exercise. Regular exercise will keep you away from Migraines and many disorders.
- A home remedy which keeps you away from migraine headache is that pour a cup of boiling water over a teaspoon of dried herb steep it for 15 minutes and drink . This helps you to relieve Migraines headache. The best natural remedies for migraines which can be practised easily.
- Take a cup of boiled water to a teaspoon of ginger paste and stir it well and let the tea cool a bit then have it. This is best home remedy for migraine relief.
- As I mentioned above massage your forehead and temples with essential oils especially with lavender oil and enjoy the scent for above 15 minutes. Try this home remedy at your home for maximum relief .
- If you are suffering from tension headache then this is the best home remedy to relieve from pain . Place a hot compress on your forehead or neck . This will help relax-knotted -up muscles in that particular area.
- A home remedy for migraine or headache is soaking feet in hot water , it will help your head feel better and relaxed. Try this at your home and get the best results at home easily.
- Home remedy to prevent the migraine pain is a simple massage. This improves blood circulation and you will get relaxed. So that you get relief from migraines pain.
- Hot showers is also a home remedy to cure this migraine headache as you feel more relaxed with shower.
- Add magnesium to your diet as magnesium helps you to end the migraines, is another home remedies for migraines to avoid it permanently.
- Add cherries to your food chart because cherries is powerful antioxidant to get relieve from migraine.
- Practice yoga at your home for at least 30 minutes will helps you a lot to get relaxation.
- Have a look on your diet where certain foods or drinks triggers this headache so take a note on that to prevent migraine headaches.
- Take a cloth and dip into cold water (ice water) and place it on your forehead. This will ease headache, is a good home remedy for migraine.
- Relax in a dark,quiet room and if you can sleep well in that room this is a simple natural remedy for migraine.
- Take lemon peels and make it as a paste and apply it on your forehead for 15 minutes.You will get good results immediately.
- Another good home remedies for migraines which all of you can try in your home is that add chamomile powder to hot water and drink this when it is hot . It gives fast relief from migraine headache.
- Apply cabbage leaf paste on your forehead with a cloth and let it be dry you will get relief from migraine.
- Take a half cup of carrot juice , spinach and mix it well and have it .This is the best home remedy to get fast relief from migraine.
- Avoid hot, spicy foods, fermented foods, white sugar, white flour products, and sour or citrus fruits. By avoiding these foods you can control migraines.
- Avoid direct exposure to sun.
- Apply paste of ground clay or sandalwood powder with rose water on forehead and let it dry.This will definitely helps to get relieve from migraine.
- Apply the paste of clove powder and cinnamon oil on your forehead and wait for above 20 minutes.This is the best home remedies for migraines which can be done easily with items available in every kitchen.
- To prevent headache due to inflamed sinuses is inhale steam with vinegar added to the water.
- Applying a paste of jayphal on forehead is a natural remedies for migraines to cure the migraine .
- Dip henna flowers in vinegar and rub them on forehead to ease migraine.
- Simple home remedy is try a cup of green tea with honey , this simple home remedy will helps you a lot to relieve migraine .
- Garlic is known as an anti clotting agent, so add this to your food items and which makes it an effective migraine treatment and it is available in your own kitchen so try it now to get best results.
- Flaxseed can be used as a home remedy in several forms so have flaxseeds or flaxseed oil daily so that it can help help headache relief .
- Oil derived from basil plants can also be a useful to treat migraine as basil oil works as a muscle relaxant.
These remedies for migraine are completely natural, non-invasive, and can be prepared at home. Migraine Medication is only a part to cure migraine and take good care of yourself. Combining lifestyle measures with medication is often the most effective way to handle migraines. So choose the remedy which may suit your body from the above home remedies for migraines. Consult your doctor if the symptoms persist.