Home Remedies for Psoriasis
Psoriasis is a common skin condition that changes the life cycle of skin cells. Psoriasis is influenced by the genes that are inherited from parents and persistent, long-lasting (chronic) diseases. Psoriasis isn’t contagious, though it looks like it might be. Some people end up with mild cases of the condition that produce small patches of red scales. So here we can see some home remedies for psoriasis , which can treat scalp psoriasis , psoriasis on the legs , and psoriasis on the hands as well.
Guttate psoriasis is a type of psoriasis that looks like small, salmon-pink drops on the skin. Psoriatic arthritis is a specific condition in which a person has both psoriasis and arthritis. Though there is no way to get rid of psoriasis, so the primary goal of treatment is to stop the skin cells from growing so quickly and we can try home remedies. Scalp psoriasis is often persistent and more difficult to treat than is seborrheic dermatitis of the scalp. The scalp psoriasis is found in majority of the cases. The plaque can flake off or peel off in crusted clumps. For stubborn cases of scalp psoriasis, your doctor may prescribe oral medications.
By following simple home remedies for psoriasis we can even stop psoriasis permanently based on stage of the disease. So these home remedies for psoriasis can help you to avoid it. Let us know some psoriasis home remedies to recover your body more quickly. Psoriasis can be relieved or lessened by many treatment options which may include common kitchen items found in your home. So few psoriasis home remedies which can be done at your home are listed below.
- Firstly eat a healthy diet. If you suspect certain foods that you take very often may affect your psoriasis symptoms, keep them away and try to avoid them completely. Maintain a food diary listing all foods and their effect on your health.
- Apply fresh aloevera gel onto the plaques and gently spread over it. It is a best home remedies for psoriasis on the legs and hands which is available at every home .
- Get a cup of vegetable oil to your bath tub to ease your psoriasis symptoms.
- The best home remedy for psoriasis to help from relieving pain and itching is fish oil. The omega 3-fatty acids in fish oil helps to cure the psoriasis patches on skin.
- If psoriasis scale is a problem on your scalp, warm a little olive oil and gently massage it into the scalp to help soften and remove it. This is one of the best home remedies for scalp psoriasis.
- Blot your skin after bathing, then immediately apply a heavy, ointment based moisturizer while your skin is still moist. This reduces itching sensation.
- Shampoos, creams, gels, and other topical psoriasis treatments containing salicylic acid are sold over the counter. Psoriasis shampoos are available in the market. Get them and use after the above said olive oil massage. This gives better results for scalp Psoriasis treatment.
- Sunlight helps reduce psoriasis symptoms in some people. Ultraviolet B (UV-B) light therapy is usually combined with one or more topical treatments and is extremely effective for treating moderate to severe plaque psoriasis.
- Lack of Zinc is the root cause of psoriasis so add nutritional supplements with high amount of on your diet chart.
- Dead sea salt is another effective home remedy for cleaning the scalp which occurs due to psoriasis.
- Acupuncture should be tried to relive from pain and itching this will be very effective in clearing psoriasis for some people.
- Turmeric has an effect on reducing certain inflammatory proteins so try this as it is available in every house. This Among all the psoriasis home remedies , this can be done easily.
- A willow bark called as herbal aspirin, willow bark contains is another psoriasis home remedies to get relief from pain.
- Having vitamin K , which is found in green leafy vegetables such as kale, spinach, and broccoli, as well as canola and olive oils are the best home remedies for psoriasis to get relief from pain and itching .
- Lack of Vitamin-D is also an cause for this disease so home remedy to psoriasis just expose to sunlight at morning time or at evening is the best remedy to cure the disease.
- Vitamin B12 is found in clams, trout, fortified breakfast cereals, and yogurt is another home remedy ,but again, like vitamin D, B12 doesn’t seem to be a primary treatment option.
- Apply a moisturizing skin cream, lotion or oil liberally to your skin (several times a day, if necessary) to keep it moist and help prevent drying and cracking.
- Scratching your skin can increase irritation and worsen symptoms of psoriasis. So stop scratching that area.
- Apply an over-the-counter cream containing hydro cortisone or salicylic acid regularly to help reduce itching and scaling which you can try yourself in home.
- A varied diet at home including fruits, vegetables, dairy, meats, nuts and grains, can be heart-healthy—as long as you choose wisely and control your weight. This will have better control over psoriasis symptoms.
- Massage is a great way to reduce stress and also has been shown to relieve chronic pain, which can often accompany psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis try this in your room.
- Yoga is also a home remedy to cure this because yoga is also an stress reducer like massage.
- Another home remedy to psoriasis is having shark cartilage — which contains a mixture of protein and carbohydrates and is available in powder or pill form — can help relieve symptoms of plaque psoriasis.
- A diet which does not contains wheat ,barley and rye helps you to get relief from psoriasis pain.
- Drinking plain water helps keep you hydrated and, when you have psoriasis, being well hydrated will keep your skin from getting too dry..is another home remedy to get rid off the pain .
- Another good home remedy is that apply teatree oil to the skin, this home remedy is said to help remove dry, dead cells.
- Effects of psoriasis treatments also can be unpredictable means what works well for one person might be ineffective for someone else. So above mentioned home remedies for psoriasis will helps you to get relief but it depends on person may be vary from person to person .You can adjust your treatment plan or modify your approach to ensure the best possible home remedies for psoriasis and control your psoriasis symptoms.