Home Remedies for Sunburn
Sunburn occurs when there is too much exposure to sunlight. There were many home remedies for sunburn. Our skin contains a pigment called melanin ,which protects our body by absorbing the harmful sun rays. If the property of the pigment is changed we will see the change in skin colour.This sun exposed parts produce the more melanin and this appear as tans. highly appear on the hands, face, back side of the body, on the legs. Overexposure to sun rays can even cause skin cancer. So to avoid such situation following simple natural remedies for sunburn can save. The intensity of suntan depends on type of skin, intensity of sun rays, the time of the day at which the exposure occurs etc. So it is necessary that you protect your skin when you go out in the sun by simply following these sunburn home remedies.
• Red rashes on skin
• Blisters over body
• Peeling skin by layers
• Severe sunburn may also result in
- Severe irritation and uneasyness
So these are the effects of sunburn and we will see how to treat sunburn by home remedies. Let us discuss some home remedies for sunburn and to remove sun tan:
- Avoid exposing your skin to the sun between 10 am and 4 pm as this is the time when sunlight is the strongest.Apply sunscreen before going outdoors.
- Make sure that you drink plenty of water other fluids so that the body remains hydrated and healing takes place properly.. Fresh fruit and vegetables juices also promote quick healing.
- Make a paste of fresh milk cream and saffron by soaking the saffron in the cream overnight. apply the mixture on next morning . This will give excellent result. You will see that your complexion has been improved by this remedy.
- Make a thick paste with sandalwood powder and rose water and apply it on the affected body parts for hour and after that wash the areas with water.sandalwood helps us as a cooling agent . This helps very well as home remedies for sunburn.
- Citrus fruits work well on the tans.Lemon juice helps us to reduce tanning as it contains vitamin C.
- Take Cucumber juice, lemon juice and pinch of turmeric powder and make it as a paste and now apply it on body . Leave it for 20 minute then wash it with cold water. Gives immediate relief from sunburns and the best home remedies for sunburns.
- Honey and rose oil are also very effective to remove tanning.
- One of the simplest way is apply milk on tanned area it works as a cleanser .
- Apply the mixture of sugar and lemon juice on your face and wash it after 20 minutes. If you have dry skin, then add a few drops of glycerine to the mixture.Sugar is also considered as best cleansing agent like milk as i mentioned above. This gives immediate for severe sunburn. So this remedy is best home remedies for severe sunburn.
- Apply fresh coconut water over the sun tanned areas and leave it dry for several times on a day will give the best result in a week.
- A pinch of turmeric powder ,lemon juice to milk and mix it well. Apply on tanned area for 30minutes and wash it gently.
- Take about two tablespoons of besan, add a pinch of haldi & few drops of lemon juice and some milk,orange peel and mix all the ingredients and make it a paste by adding cool rose water. Apply this paste all over your face and neck, carefully avoiding the areas around your eyes.
- Tea is also a remedy to remove tanning. Tannic acid contained in tea which has a soothing effect on sunburned areas of the skin.
- Aloe vera is one of the most beneficial home remedies for sunburn redness or apply the Aloe Vera gel on the affected areas .Leave it for 6 hours and clean with lemon juice gives the best results.
- Add two cups of oatmeal to a tub of cool water or make a paste of raw egg white and oatmeal and immerse the affected area in it for half an hour.
- Take fresh buttermilk and mix it with oatmeal powder and apply this paste on the tanned areas.
- Make a paste of orange juice and yoghurt and apply it on the skin to cure sun tan.
- Take potato (peeled one) paste, lemon juice and apply those mixture on affected parts. Leave the mix on the body for 30 minutes and wash it off with cold water.
- Mix the milk with almond powder and make it as a paste. Apply this on the sun tan affected area. Almonds are rich sources of vitamin E helps to remove the tans from skin.
- Take the fresh tomato paste,curd mix the both until it gets smooth and creamy. Apply the few drops of lemon juice to it and apply it on the tan area and wash it.
- Make a paste of rose water and gram flour. If rose water is not available then mix gram flour with water..apply this paste on the tan affected area. Leave it for 20 minutes and wash with lukewarm water.
- Papayas and honey ..mix them well and apply on tanned area. Papaya also cleanses the skin.
- Add one or two cups of baking soda to cool water and apply this for 30 minutes. Baking soda may also be added to cool water and sprayed over the skin. It is also very good sunburn home remedies among all.
- Essential oils such as chamomile and lavender oil are helpful in relieving the symptoms of sunburn.
- Make a mix of natural oils by mixing 4 parts of sesame seed oil, one part almond oil and one part olive oil. Apply this oil on your face for 20 minutes.. This will improve your complexion.
So these are all sunburn home remedies which can be used to treat sunburns and also to remove sun tan and also helps your skin in protecting from sun tan. After trying these sunburn remedies if you find severe sunburn blisters then consult a doctor. If you have any further home remedies for sunburn , then lease send us ad we will add them here.