How To Get Rid of Keratosis Pilaris
Effective Ways to treat Keratosis Pilaris
Skin is the most important part of the human body. Having a smooth, glowing, and youthful skin makes it easier for individuals to feel confident about themselves. It makes them appear stunning effortlessly when in a crowd.
There are times though when certain skin conditions appear. One of these not-so-good skin conditions is the keratosis pilaris, which is unsightly or unattractive. It is described as having some small, hard bumps which make the skin rough. These bumps occur on different parts of the body such as the thighs, upper arms, buttocks, or face. Most embarrassing of all is the face part. So how to get rid of keratosis pilaris on face ? Although it does not cause any irritation and is not harmful to the health of individuals, everyone who suffers from it wants to know how to get rid of keratosis pilaris in the easiest, fastest, and most convenient way possible.
Causes of Keratosis Pilaris
What are the main causes of chicken skin or keratosis pilaris that appears on the skin of some people? Having this condition does not mean that one has a poor physical hygiene. Finding out the main causes of chicken skill will help everyone understand how it is formed in the skin.
Here are the main causes of acquiring chicken skin:
- Genes. Individuals who are quite prone to suffer from conditions such as asthma, allergies, and eczema are more likely to experience having keratosis pilaris as well.
- Keratin Build-Up. There are instances when the keratin, a hard protein, gathers on certain parts of the skin to protect it from harmful substances and infection. This situation could create a plug which blocks the pores or openings for hair follicles, thus causing KP. These bumps could be either red or pink in colour.
- Dry skin. Many people who have dry skin are more prone to getting bumps. When the skin lacks moisture, which usually happens during very cold months or during summer, bumps tend to appear automatically.
Effects of Having Kerastosis Pilaris
The appearance of kerastosis pilaris makes a lot of individuals feel uncomfortable. They tend to lose confidence in wearing different types of clothes and in interacting with different kinds of people. It causes a psychological impact which is quite unhelpful to the growth and development of individuals.
Who are the people who usually suffer from this condition? People from different age groups such as teens, adults, and pregnant women experience this at some point in their lives. Also, women are more prone to having chicken skin than men.
Bumps automatically disappear as people get older. Most people can’t just wait for years for these bumps or chicken skin to disappear. You will find an answer for Why is my skin bumpy ? here after reading this post completely.
Ways to Get Rid of Keratosis Pilaris
Home Remedies : keratosis pilaris home treatment
Here are tips on how to maximize the use of different natural ingredients for the treatment of bumps. Any of these will suffice as long as one is comfortable in applying them on the affected part of the skin. These options are very gentle to the skin, so they definitely cause more benefits in keratosis pilaris home treatment.
- Baking Soda – Create a paste or exfoliant using 2 to 3 tablespoons of baking soda and some water. Use it regularly to see improvements on the rough part of the skin.
- Vitamin A capsules – Open one or two vitamin A capsules and squeeze its content on the affected skin area. Massage it for a few seconds and leave it for around twenty minutes. This promotes turnover or rejuvenation of skin cells.
- Coconut oil – To moisturize the skin, remove inflammation, and sanitize the body part, mix some white and brown sugar (1 part or tbsp each), some extra virgin coconut oil (at least 2 parts), and a teaspoon of honey or vanilla extract. Apply it as a scrub, and rinse it off after a few minutes.
- Yogurt – Apply 3 to 4 tablespoons of yogurt on bumps and leave it for approximately 15 minutes before taking a bath or rinsing it off. This contains lactic acid, so it reduces dryness of the skin.
- Olive oil – Create a body scrub using some sugar and olive oil or simply pour sufficient amount of olive oil in bumps. This product is rich in Vitamin E, so it could be relied on when trying to treat rough and dry skin.
- Milk Bath – Pour some cups of milk into a bath tub and soak in for a few minutes. Its lactic acid will help a lot in minimizing, if not removing, bumps.
- Oatmeal Bath – Prepare some powdered oats and mix it up in a lukewarm water. Soak in the mixture for around fifteen minutes. Have this done for at least three times a week and keratosis pilaris will be gone effectively. This is the best keratosis pilaris natural treatment
Laser Treatment for kp
There are laser treatments available for individuals who are willing to spend more money and who want to remove bumps in the fastest way possible. Here are some examples of laser treatment for keratosis pilaris being conducted by different clinics to provide the best solution cure keratosis pilaris. fast. It is best to choose a clinic with a good reputation to ensure that results are visible and fast.
- Pulsed dye laser
- Intense pulsed light (IPL)
- Photopneumatic therapy
- Long-pulsed alexandrite laser
- Nd:YAG laser
Another method on how to get rid of keratosis pilaris fast is by planning one’s diet. It is best to do something with the food that you eat regularly so the body could react instantaneously and your skin could appear brighter, clearer, and smoother. Pack on the following types of food in your every meal to ensure great results in getting of bumps:
- Fresh fruits and vegetables
- Salmon, flaxseeds, walnuts, and others that are rich in Omega 3 and 6
- Papayas, mangoes, carrots, green leafy vegetables, strawberries and others rich in Vitamin E and A
Best products for keratosis pilaris:
Moisturizing Lotions : Best lotion for keratosis pilaris
Moisturizing one’s body is very important. Lotion for keratosis pilaris are made not just as an accessory but as a necessity for every skin type. Opt for good lotions in shops; test which one could moisturize your skin for a long time. Commercial lotions such as Nivea, Vaseline Intensive Care, and Jergens could be some options to choose from.